Michael T. Williams, Esq.
3290 S. Newcombe St. #18205
Lakewood CO 80227
Mr. Williams currently represents or has represented 35 clients and their representatives in the process of going public through the filing of registration statements on Form S-1, filings on Form 10-SB, as well as numerous reverse merger transactions. He also assists public companies with SEC reporting and compliance matters.
As Richard Oravec of PIVO Associates, New York NY, an Investor Relations/Public Relations Consultant to several of our clients who have successfully gone public, said about Mr. Williams:
“When selecting a firm to coordinate the Going Public process for our clients, we reviewed many potential service providers, including those we found through internet searches. We selected Michael Williams and his firm because:
- We determined the Going Public process is best coordinated by a highly experienced securities lawyer with a successful track record rather than a consultant or other type of service provider.
- As opposed to other attorneys who were very unclear about the process, Mr. Williams provided us with an easy to follow, step-by-step process that calmed the nerves of our clients as well as answering every question relating to going public and obtaining a ticker symbol that they had "heard" about.
- We were impressed with the team of other non-legal service providers assembled by Mr. Williams necessary for a successful Going Public transaction, including Accountants, Market Maker, Transfer Agent and SEC EDGAR filing service. We never felt that we were out on our own and the clients were put at ease
- We found that Michael Williams uses a system to take companies public that allows them to offer pricing to our clients which was much more cost-effective than fees that were quoted to our clients by other lawyers or service providers.
- Mr. Williams’ reputation is unparalleled in the industry in regards to ethics.”
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C. [1975-1980]
Mr. Williams conducted investigations and participated in securing injunctions against individuals and corporations for violations of federal securities laws, including Fortune 500 companies such as:
- Litton Industries - $300 million accounting fraud
- GTE - Foreign bribery
PUBLIC COMPANY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Mr. Williams was previously President and Director of Fully-Reporting, OTCBB Trading Public Company, SPLIF.OB.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. 
- University of Kansas, B.A., Magna cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa 
- Woodrow Wilson Fellow [1971-72]
- Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar [Inactive]
Mr. Williams recently published the following two articles in DealFlow Media's "The Reverse Merger Report:"
- "The Alchemy of Restricted Securities: The Quest for Free Trading Shares" To read and download this article, click here.
- "Non-Traditional Due Diligence in Reverse Merger Transactions: Increasing The Odds of Locating the Skeletons in the Closet" (Article revised and reprinted in SEC Insights, Markum & Kliegman LLP CPA firm bulletin, first quarter 2008)
REGULATORY AUTHORITY CORRESPONDENCE
Here are some examples of correspondence we have sent to regulatory authorities advocating small business issues:
- Letter to SEC Commissioners and Senior Staff Members advocating halting the NASD's attempt to replace the Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board with the BBX. Shortly after this letter was written, the NASD abandoned their plan to replace the OTCBB with the BBX. To see this letter, click here.
- Letter to the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board requesting clarification and relief for small businesses from the onerous provisions of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act concerning auditing of internal control procedures. To request a copy of this letter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter to SEC concerning their Rule requiring full Form 10-SB/S-1 disclosure information and full audit to be filed within 4 days after closing of a reverse merger transaction. To see this letter, click here.
- Letter to SEC Advisory Committee on Smaller Public Companies concerning Request for Comments on Committee Agenda. To see this letter, click here.
Keynote Speaker, National Investment Bankers Association, Las Vegas, NV, February 2004
Panel Participant, Workshop on Advanced Legal Issues in Reverse Mergers, Reverse Merger Summit, New York City, October 2004
Panel Participant, IPO Alternatives: Reverse Mergers + PIPE's; THE REVERSE MERGER CONFERENCE 2005, A Forum for Shell Mergers and SPAC Offerings, The Princeton Club, New York NY
Chairman, Reverse Mergers and Direct Filings Panel, Dealflow Media Reverse Merger Conference, San Francisco CA, June 2007
Panel Participant, Reverse Mergers and Direct Filings Panel, Capital Formation Strategies Conference, Washington DC, October 2007
Panel Participant, "Why Regulators Hate Reverse Mergers," Dealflow Media Reverse Merger Conference, Los Angeles CA, June 2008